● Bike hire:-
this can be organised with our friend in Duras who will deliver varies size and models of bikes for your stay, his charges
are very reasonable.
● Our region
is famous for its walking routes through vineyards, valleys and we are very close to the famous Camino walk which eventually
finishes at Santiago de Compostelle in Northern Spain.
● Horse riding:- there are several horse riding stables locally that offer all levels of rides.
● There is parachuting and hot air ballooning.
The hot air balloon will even take off from our property (see the website)
● For the archaeologists there are grotto's, caves and prehistoric
monuments to explore
are many types of fishing available. You can even just stroll down to our lake and catch carp some as large as 5 kg.
● Obviously for wine lovers you are spoilt for
choice, we are surrounded by several hundred vineyards where you can go tasting and drinking the wine and of course for the
connoisseurs we are only 40 minutes from St. Emilion the most famous wine area in the world.
● For golfers there are several courses ranging
from the well known Chateau Vigiers 18 hole course 20 minutes away, and a number of smaller 18 and 9 hole courses close by.
● At St Foy la Grande, 15 minutes away on the
Dordogne and also at Allemans du Dropt, 10 minutes away there is canoeing and Kayaking,
● For the historians there is a wealth of Chateaus, Bastide towns and
churches. We are currently researching Templar activities in the area.
● There are many spectacular events on during the summer, the most famous
being "la Bataille de Castillon" where the 100 year war was concluded with the French taking the 3 points!
● Almost every night there is an evening market
and soiree where you can eat drink and make merry listening to music and dancing
● For the children, there are a number of theme parks going over towards
Bordeaux. At Bergerac there is go-carting, bowling, discos, night clubs etc, etc.